I live with my husband, son and furry kids in Austin, Texas.
We are residential customers of the City of Austin and receive curbside trash, recycling and compost services. We have the 24 gallon trash cart.
In 2014 I became a City of Austin Zero Waste Block Leader. I help educate my neighbors, family and friends about how to improve their recycling, composting, and reuse efforts especially as regards services provided by the City of Austin, supplemented with my own research. I post on our neighborhood Facebook and Nextdoor sites, as well as speak at the monthly Neighborhood Association meetings and neighborhood events.
My goal is to inspire people to make recycling and compost and easy and every day part of their life, and to let them know about all the opportunities available to them.
- January 2020 Texas Family Practices Zero-Waste Lifestyle
Front Porch Flyer:
- January 2021 Secondhand: A Book Review and Ideas to Try
- October 2020 Zero Waste Holiday Decorations
- July 2020 Reusable Items vs Single-use Items
- April 2020 Recycling: Tips and Tidbits
- January 2020 New Year, New Zero-er Waste You, New Savings
- October 2019 Working Towards a Zero Waste Halloween
- July 2019 Mueller Recycling Group
- April 2019 Croaked Clothes? Torn Textiles? Hobbled Housewares?
- January 2019 It’s Not Easy Being Green, or Rather, Blue!
- July 2018 City of Austin Composting comes to Mueller
Sustainable Austin Blog, Office of Sustainability, City of Austin:
- November 2019 Net Zero Hero: Taylor Youngblood
Road to Zero Waste, Austin Resource Recovery, City of Austin:
- July 2019 Block Leader Profile